I found myself looking through this site today and thought it would be a good resource today. With the Holidays passing by it seems that many have had their homeschooling decision challenged by "well-meaning" family, friends. Nothing like debating your choices over the holidays, right?
Best Homeschooling has a lot of balanced articles as well as links to more resources than I would probably ever be able to read.
Some of the well written articles are:
What My Children Taught Me, by Helen Hegener
Considering Methods & Styles of Homeschooling, by Lillian Jones
Growing a Writer, by Miranda Hughes one that I will definitely re-read since I have a budding writer in the family
and their "Gateway to the Internet" provide links to a variety of other resources like
- Our World and Beyond - Earth, Science, Space and Technology
- People, Cultures, and the Making of History
- The Written Word, Reading and Language
- Great Gateways to Interesting Educational Sites
- Fine Arts, Fun Arts, Music, & Theater
- Cool Educational Resources from the U.S. Government
- Myths & Folklore