CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Feb. 12th Happenings

Well today I started back with my attempt to learn Japanese. With a child already learning it, I thought it would be great to pick up some of the language. I also think that it can be fun to have the tables turned a bit with your child actually correcting some of your work. I hope to show that learning never has to stop.
So today I did 3 more pages of Hiragana for Fun (A Japanese Syllabic Alphabet Workbook). We actually were able to get this workbook from a library sale in Little Tokyo. Here is the hiragana I learned today:
tsu   つ
te    て
no    の 
I am also picking up some words. I have now wrote up 2 mini-tests for me to test my skills at this point. I will be honest and let you know how I do on them. I want to make copies of them first. My goal is 90% - 100% which will show that I have mastered the lesson, not just memorized them.
This weekend I also picked up a book from the library titled Japanese Hiragana for Beginners. I will work on both of these books simutaneously.
Anyway, just wanted to give you an update. I know I need to work on my consistency. I want to make sure I am setting an example for every other "student" in this home.

0 comments: